Is there any interest to get involved in Blockchain/Crypto

For a number of reasons, not least as a hedge towards inflation, and the huge exposure thus gains expected over the course of the continuously rising adoption.

Is there any reason why WiseAlpha is not (to my knowledge), getting involved in Blockchain enterprises, or even Crypto projects?

Oh please not!
You can trade bitcoin elsewhere…

1 Like

Sorry Nlopes but you obviously don’t understand blockchain, you don’t need Bitcoin to utilise blockchain.

It is one of the biggest discussion points I’ve had at the United Nations, and various Governments, it rules out a host of traditional issues in emerging/developing and mature nations, from information to corruption.

Hence i am surprised that we are not seeing any movement by WiseAlpha in this arena.

In fact, if WiseAlpha is not going to move into it, I’d rather be liquidated of my holdings in WiseAlpha.

Wisealpha is for corporate bonds and there are no crypto bonds.

If you don’t want WA to offer trading of crypto coins, what product did you have in mind?
I’m not aware of any such blockchain-based product/security.

I would suggest that WA look seriously ( if not already doing so ) at blockchain technologies and how they can be applied to the bond / micro-bond markets.

Presently there is a golden opportunity to build out technically into this space where companies and developers can enjoy a rapidly expanding market capitalisation married with soft regulation.

Having spent 20 years developing front office trading and risk applications in tier 1 banks I have switched my efforts entirely to developing on blockchain technologies - which are far more then just speculating crypto-coins. I’m only just starting to see the true potential of distributed ledgers and trust-less technology.

Its a long-shot, but if anyone at WA or in the community are interested in this space please reach out to me, I’d love to get more involved in this space.

Perhaps one of the more serious technologies in this space is Algorand. If you’d like I can send a few references over. Otherwise feel free to get in touch with me richard.bourner@protonamail.com

Well, in fact there are crypto bonds. And indeed companies are actively using them finance initiatives. Indeed, there is a real opportunity here to lead in a new and rapidly expanding market.

I’d agree entirely.
This is without any doubt, “the next biggest thing”
Blockchain Technology!

Hi all,

We see blockchain technology as a very interesting technology that could be used to augment the business in the future. At present it wouldn’t make much difference to our operation and so the gains are limited for the time, money and investment. The focus we have at the moment is on delivering the established multi-trillion corporate bond asset class rather than trying to be the jack of all trades and offering crypto as well. If niches like crypto bonds take off we will of course be able to adapt to it but at the moment any real serious major corporate thinking about this is limited to Tesla.

Of course this is an interesting discussion area and so we’ll revisit over time.

2 Likes