Thank you for the great product so far. I am especially pleased with the quality (yet ease) of all the reporting and ability to export very detailed excel files (which are well organized / explained). I know the team is busy with many more important infrastructure/scaling projects, but I thought I would share some thoughts for features that would be nice to have sometime down the road. Keep up the good work. Happy to explain any of the below with team members in more details if needed.
User Experience Thoughts / Suggestions:
- Bid Price Range: Ability to create a bid range when buying a specific bond. At the moment, in the event of price movement, you get an e-mail to confirm that you accept the new price. Would be helpful to set up a price range so orders are automatically executed as long as the price is in that range.
- Automatic Buy: I like the function to register interest and the e-mail notification once the bonds are available, but would be useful to have the ability to create a standing order to automatically buy £X worth of bonds for a price range (to be specified by the investor) once the bonds are available (also gives WA an indication of how much to source from the secondary market to meet demand). While the e-mail is helpful, sometime the bonds are gone by the time I log in or see the email.
- Return calculations: At the moment, gains/returns are only shown in terms of £. Would be helpful to have the ability to get annualized return in % (either TWR or MWR) - in addition to the Current Yield and YTM of the whole portfolio that is currently offered). Would be helpful to have the returns as % for each bond as well in the detailed excel file downloads.
UX - Website
- Historic Bond Pricing: Would be helpful to have bond price chart for various periods (1M, YTD, 1 Yr, etc). At the moment I would use Bloomberg or other sources (like exchange websites) to look at the historic price movement. I find this feature important while researching high yield bonds (more so than main market bonds) to be able to identify prior price movements and research the news/events that was effecting the price at the time to compare it to the current conditions (or to identify if past events that effected price movements have changed)
- Bar chart with 12-month (or longer) showing earned interest, accrued interest and upcoming interest payment. Very high level (not bond by bond). While all this can be viewed via the activities function on the website, it’s helpful to have a snapshot of upcoming interest payment in the account as a whole to plan future investments / capital allocation
- Chart with portfolio value evolution for each account
UX – iPhone App:
- Market: At the moment the default display is YTM, but would be helpful to be able to sort out / display the bonds by current yield (I know that you can filter for that).
- News Centre in the app (similar to the website)
- Modify/cancel open order: At the moment, cancelling or modifying an order is not possible from the App